Tuesday 11 February 2014

Put the Base On


When I first started getting into makeup I didn't even know what an eyeshadow base was, and now I can't live without it. The NYX ones are the first ones I ever got, I think it was Lauren Curtis from lurenbeautyy who was using it all the time that kinda convinced me I needed it. It was quite a while ago though and since then I managed to collect a few good eyeshadow bases, but I decided to post about NYX today as they are my firsts. One of the bases is in the colour White and the other in Skin Tone, you can choose which one you prefer depending on the look you're going for. Skin Tone is much easier to work with as it's pretty invisible once applied but White is better if you're going for a 'brighten up my face/eyes' kinda look. Both bases have great staying power, they keep my shadows in place for ages and ages (10h wear I would say). Thanks to them the shadow doesn't crease or fade throughout the day/night, it also looks more pigmented than on its own. I normally use my fingers to apply it, however that can be tricky when my nails are long but then again, that's not such a big issue is it. NYX Eye Shadow Bases are also one of those products where a little goes a long way, I've had mine for way over a year now (fair enough I don't use them every day) and there is still loads of product left in both. I would recommend them especially if you're looking for good quality at the drugstore.


What's your go to eyeshadow base? Have you tried the NYX ones?

xoxo
Natalia

27 comments:

  1. So lovely post! I really love your blog! ♡´・ᴗ・`♡
    Let’s follow each other! I hope we will keep in touch. ♡

    macabrefledgling.blogspot.cz
    ✿ Rinako ✿

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post! (:

    Kelly x

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only just started using an eye base, really want to try this one X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. nomination for liebster award http://zoemountford.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Blog
    Would you like us to follow each other ?
    if yes, just follow me and let me know so i can follow you back

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing! I couldn't live without eyeshadow base either. I usually use MAC paint pot in Perky. i'm your new follower, happy blogging! xoxo http://makeupmajesty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I'm definitely going to get these! xx Tara
    tarasauroh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shades, I have never tried these before xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post :)

    Your blog is a great hotspot for inspiration :D

    I have no choice but to follow you around :P

    Come by for a chat or follow if you like of course :)

    Happy week!


    xxx

    Loreal Steampod Review
    Visit The Fashion Milkshake Blog
    JOIN TFM BLOGGER NETWORK

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to try these! Glad to hear they work well, I wonder how they compare to the higher end brands like Urban Decay, Too Faced, or Makeup Forever etc. Great review! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look sooo goood :) I love nyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd never heard of eyeshadow bases until now! I'll be giving those a try, great post!
    Michelle x

    thoughtsofashelluk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. nádherný blog, moc se mi líbí tvoje příspěvky! :) sama mám začínající blog a byla bych moc ráda, kdyby sis našla chvilku a podívala se na něj :)
    http://anovam.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely blog)
    I`ll be happy if we follow to each other!Just let me know in my blog)
    http://www.elationofcreation.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. yah using eye shadow base makes so much difference in the eye shadow performance..
    usually i use my concealer as my eyeshadow base..
    mind to follow each other ?
    i've already followed your blog..

    http://amourpixie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. great review, I will totally have to try
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't usually wear eyeshadow, but when I do, I definitely need to use eyeshadow base! I've heard so much about it, and how no one knows how important it is until you actually start using it. Thanks for the recommendation!! :)

    - MeYouAndHayleyLarue.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was considering buying this, after reading your post I am defo going to purchase it now!

    www.kcwong1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi dear,

    great review! Thanks for sharing :)
    I don’t know if you noticed, but I have a completely new website, check it out here: www.beneaththecoat.com
    and let me know what you think!
    Also, I am moving from Blogger so you can’t follow me through GFC anymore, but if you go to my new page you will see that you can follow the blog through:
    Bloglovin
    Facebook
    Instagram

    Looking forward seeing you on my blog again!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  21. I use the NYX Jumbo Pencil in "Milk" as a base! Need to get these though x
    Emma | Everything Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look amazing, haven't tried it yet.

    Please let me know if you would be interested in following eachother on GFC and Bloglovin.Would love to stay in contact.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love NYX, it's a shame that my nearest stand is never full of stock. These look amazing x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great Blog ! :3
    Invite

    discidone-art.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I saw these at my local store, and i am going to go pick them up now! Great review :)
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me please?? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the post! :)

    Following you now and hoping that you could do the same! :)

    Katja

    ReplyDelete