Wednesday 3 April 2013

Benefit Smokin' Eyes Palette

I've had this little palette in my drawer for about six months and never actually had an opportunity to try it. I don't know why but I always thought it would be faster to just use separate products, it's not. I have to say I was quite surprised when my eye makeup was done in a few minutes, and it looked really nice too. I love the eyeshadows, not too sure about the brow shade though - I feel like the brown doesn't match my overall look. Or maybe it's because I'm so in love with Maybelline's brow pencil at the moment. The colours blend well with and without the primer, but last for much longer with the primer applied. Tweezers are really handy, especially when I'm out, I don't always carry tweezers around but with this palette in my bag I don't have to worry about it (I always need tweezers at weird times). I love the black eyeliner that comes with the set, it stays on surprisingly long even on the bottom lash line without smudging. I've seen people complaining about the eyeliner but it works for me so. The duo brush is alright, but I personally prefer long, proper brushes but this one works okay except it feels too small for me. I love the smokey eye look, but I would choose my Bourjois trio anyday over this palette. It is good and I will use it from time to time but I prefer to use separate products.
Benefit Smokin' Eyes: £28.50


xoxo 
NATALIA

19 comments:

  1. This looks like a great set to travel with - all of the basics right there!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the set looks pretty

    xxx Zari
    www.le-style-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that palette! Definitely picking it up next time I go to Sephora! Nice post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I oftens see this product and it looks very interesting
    but the price is for me overpriced. :(
    Can you take a picture of the eyebrow colour?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it but not enough to pay the price

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty yet very expensive D: mmm I do like smokey eye though ;D x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right now i have the other one :) "big beautiful eyes"
    even tho my eyes are already big but i loved it lol

    And I'm so getting this one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Benefit products are my favorite!
    http://hollieappleby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a similar palette from benefit and I really like it :)

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my absolute go-to Benefit palette, especially for evening looks it's fab!

    Sophs xx
    The Sopho Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine
    And if you want we can follow each other here and on bloglovin or GFC?
    Let me know!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've so wanted to try this price puts me off tho!
    Thanks for stopping my blog :)

    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi darling! Thank u for following me on GFC! I followed ur lovely blog back, liked ur fb page and followed u on bloglovin. I hope u will follow me in theses networks too :) Have a fabulous friday and kep in touch! kiss

    ReplyDelete
  14. great palette!! :D
    what about follow each other?
    let me know :)
    have a nice day!
    xx
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the palette ! Smoky eyes r my favorite :)
    You're gorgeous and I'm following your amazing blog:)
    Hope you follow back
    xoxo

    http://damlakalaycik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful! <3 love that sooo much *__*

    like that post and your whole blog, too. follow u now :*

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really pretty and I love your blog.
    Vianca
    Little Miss Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so practical and the shdes are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete