Monday 8 April 2013

Rimmer Undercover Shadow Primer

Rimmel has been on a roll lately, not so long ago the brand released their eyeshadow primer. I wasn't too keen on it, I didn't like the packaging or the consistency of it but I decided to give it a go anyway and try something new after using NYX primer for ages now. It's the cheapest primer I came across, I heard that MUA has one but couldn't find it anywhere. Considering it's designed in a lipgloss/concealer form the applicator doesn't spread the product well and it needs to be blended with a finger. The product itself is a white, shimmery liquid that becomes smooth once applied to the lids. It usually lasts around 5 hours for me before the eyeshadow starts to fade and crease, so it's not the best result. It doesn't work well at all with cream eyeshadows I noticed, probably because they don't need a base but helps with powder ones. I find that NYX primer works much better for me so I don't think I will be using this one a lot.
Rimmel Undercover Shadow Primer: £4.99


xoxo
NATALIA

15 comments:

  1. Oh well you some you lose some hahaha xx

    my blog
    **********

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tbh I'm not keen on the packaging kinda looks...out of touch with the rest of the Rimmel products but that's just me. I heard the MUA one is pretty good (yet to try it myself :D)


    Tofu
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to get this so thank you for changing my mind! I'll check the NYX one out next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pity this didn't work for you... The consistency looks very thin... Rimmel have been releasing some great stuff in recent months so I suppose it was expected that one of them wouldn't be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the honest review, I'm also after a good drugstore primer but have yet to find one! x

    http://fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. great review, im not a big fan of rimmel anyway
    leila xx
    http://thenorthernmama.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sweety! This is such a amazing review to observe! Utterly like it! Are we following yet? If not then let's follow via GFC, BL, LB and FB too! Let me know, I always follow back! (: New post on my blog! Stop by me soon! xx

    With love ❤.
    www.fashionholicsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The consistency looks really... uh... -.-

    gardeninshadow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, the packaging looks a bit tacky- I recently made my own primer, a tutorial will be coming soon on my blog :)

    Charlotte xxx
    http://charlottesconfashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. perfect spring look my darling!! ...owls in Italiy is Gufi and is my husband first name ahahahaha!!
    if we do not yet...do you want to follow eachother?
    A flower parfumed kiss from ROME for you!

    I wait for you for a new MANICURE post!!
    Federica smartchicdietreadbooksandfly.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the honest review!

    I've nominated you for the Versatile blogger award, you can check it out here:
    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'll try it !! :)

    http://saralookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'll try it 2

    xox

    reasnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! you have such a great blog with wonderful pictures.
    would you like to follow eachother? let me know :)

    xoxo♥

    ReplyDelete